"Piehole" in Midwestern means "mouth," as in "Shut your piehole." Preferably we shut it on some tasty home cooking. We love to grow, market, buy, cook, bake and grill so we can feed our faces, chow down, pig out, scarf & whatnot. I'm a born Midwestern home cook posting foods and recipes that show up in front of me, because like all Midwesterners I eat what's put in front of me. Pull up a chair. What can I get you?

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Thy Bounty

Yesterday at the ice-cream social I was advised to attend the St. Patrick Rock Church picnic today to get the best fried chicken ever. This carryout plate weighs five pounds, mostly chicken (two legs, two breasts, wing section) but also green beans, chicken noodles, sliced tomatoes (we eat them plain; they are that good!!), coleslaw and dessert. It is random what dessert you get. Mine is carrot cake. Lady next to me scored a lemon meringue pie slice. There were literally a thousand people there and I waited 45 min for my turn in carryout line, listening to how Midwesterners squeal when we are happy to see and hug each other. Actually, only the women squeal. The men light up like holiday trees.

At home I selected a beer, Genesee, for old times' sake because it's made in Rochester, NY and I used to live not too far from there before I had the sense to move back home. We drank a lot of Rolling Rock there too. Later I will tell you about my life in beer. Right now I am eatin' $11 of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Piehole loves your comments!